jmills01

jmills01

Don't Get Too Comfortable: The Indignities of Coach Class, The Torments of Low Thread Count, The Never-Ending Quest for Artisanal Olive Oil, and Other First World Problems
David Rakoff
Lock and Key
Sarah Dessen
How Music Works
David Byrne
Gone
Michael Grant

Boneshaker (Sci Fi Essential Books)

Boneshaker - Cherie Priest I listened to the audiobook. There are two narrators, and they switch back and forth whe the point of view changes. So... this book. It was ok. The premise was really interesting - it's a mish mash of western, steampunk, and zombies. Unfortunately, the characters themselves are pretty dull, and they fail to live up to the promise of the backstory.

I made it halfway through before realizing that I didn't have a clear sense of the characters (and what sense I had was likely due to the narrators - the female narrator in particular was excellent.) I didn't feel an attachment to the characters, so when my audiobook came due at the library I returned it without finishing.

Still, it wasn't bad exactly - just rather ordinary. And the zombies? Yeah, that didn't work for me at all. I will continue my search for a steampunk novel that doesn't seem gimmicky.